I posted recently a list of New Year's goals which seemed important to my general sanity and happiness. I am going to post updates within the list here. I have realized that I must renew my commitment to certain goals in order to accomplish them. (I realized this around the time I was 35 and now I'm 45.) So, here I go:
- To live with greater expectancy of God. It's taking some intentional focus. No real progress yet but it is in my focus.
- To fast with prayer one day each week for the development of quietness, mindfulness, and self-control. Somehow I skipped this week. Was it the weather? Was it my focus on the other goals this week. Hmmm. Planning now for a specific day next week so I won't miss it again.
- To read scripture for the purpose of allowing it to, once again, work in the thoughts and intentions of my heart. It's a beginning.
- To love my calling. A work in progress. A recent email from a hater caught me off-guard.
- To love my husband well. I think so.
- To visit my mother weekly. Haven't done this weekly. Main issue this week was weather. Renewed goal: Go visit.
- To reach out to the relatives I can't get off my mind. I've made some calls in the past two weeks. I've written one note and mailed it.
- To contact my sick friends. This is a new goal added today. I've got GOOD friends who have remained with me who are very ill and a couple of friends with whom I've lost contact who are gravely ill. SO, I'm calling rather than not calling. I have talked to two such folks this week and have promised myself and said to my husband that I'll be calling one of them often.
- To finally conquer the "office" Big progress on the homefront office these two weeks. BIG. The paper issue is almost to reasonable proportions. I took some advice that if it is reference material and accessable via electronic media, get rid of it. This one decision reduced the load by 2/3. Amazing. Magazines (which I hoard) are leaving. I also looked into understanding investmentments…retirement plans…403B contributions…medical files…and have a plan to understand them by June.
- To be rid of the hordes of cassette tapes that I'll never listen to again. I haven't addressed this.
- To support my husband in every creative household endeavor. This might be forever. ::::grinning here:::: He's begun to strip some bedroom furniture I purchased because I thought I might be good quality even though it was turquois. It is nice. H is revealing that. So, I'm supporting him. :oD
- To climb out of the paper Giant progress made here this week. I have scheduled another block of time next month to work on it more. I FEEL GREAT ABOUT IT. I'm following the same rule…that if I can access the information via electronic media, I do not need to keep it in a paper copy. I do, hereby, repent of assigning value to every piece of paper, card, note, post-it!
- To NOT DO what I should not be doing
- To DO WELL everything I should be doing
- To leave work at work.
Career Development Goals:
- To pursue a wider range of public speaking opportunities.
- To write.
- To explore the interests of other women concerning the developement of women's ministry through Exodus.
So, there you have it. I'm on my way.